An Introduction to WordPress.org
The world was stunned with the inception of WordPress.org last 2003. It is one of the most widely used architecture, plug-in and template system in the whole world today. An estimated 850,000 up to 1 million websites make use of the WordPress system due to its versatility and wide range of content. It is classified as a CMS or Content Management System that is powered up by powerful programming tools such as MySQL and PHP. It is an open source CMS that is currently at its version 3.0, with download figures and volumes amounting to almost 33 million as of February of the current year. Today, wordpress is typically used by website developers and bloggers due to its numerous capabilities that other similar service providers cannot offer.
The general features of WordPress.org include the following:
- Content Management – It allows easier and hassle free managing of different contents like multimedia and text. Videos, slideshows, links, pop-ups and even widgets can be easily managed without the need of using complex codes.
- Independent Administration – WordPress allows any blogger or website developer to independently administer his or her website without the fear of intervention from the host or server. Such independence allows full flexibility on the part of the end-user.
- A wide selection of template modules to choose from – it contains thousands of different modules that can all be used in order to personalize the website to an infinite number of designs full of interaction.
- Optimized Coding – it has tried and tested coding that has been optimized to a higher level than normal codes. It boasts of fast loading times that can efficiently administer the use of memory and hard disk space both on the part of the server or host and the end-user or surfer.
- Powerful Backend – WordPress has been developed with the aid of huge backend programs such as PHP and MySQL. These programs contain the latest and up-to-date databases that allow data and information to be transferred at a faster rate than usual.
- Infinite Possibilities – due to its versatility, WordPress can be used in an infinite number of ways and means.
Calgary Website Design has in its arsenal some of best WordPress experts in the industry. We offer feature rich affordable services at a rate that almost every business owner or blogger can take advantage of. The best thing here is that there is no hassle whatsoever involved on the part of the client whilst only high quality work and output is produced in order to serve his or her tastes, needs and preferences.
At Calgary Website Design, we do all the work for you, even custom module development, advanced module configuration and custom themes for your website that will allow such website to work to your advantage. Contact us to receive a free quote on your WordPress based project today.